Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Snappy Wrap Up

Happy New Year!

I've completed by challenge of blogging about 1 picture book a day for all of 2012! I can't believe how quickly the year flew by. All posts will continue to be available for reading and I've created a handy dandy hyper-linked list of all 366 books for easy reference.

My blogging experience has been wonderful, so for 2013 I've decided to focus on books for a different age group: 2nd to 6th graders. My new blog, Chapter Book Explorer, will investigate middle grade fiction starting with a quick summary of the book and finishing with extension ideas, readalikes, and other fun stuff. I plan to post a book review once or twice a week for all of 2013. I hope you'll head on over and check it out.

-Amy

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on meeting your challenge! I've enjoyed reading your picture book reviews and will miss them in 2013. But chapter books should be fun! If you ever review any dance-related chapter books, I'd be happy to help spread the word via Twitter. And feel free to add some of your old picture book posts to my Read & Romp roundups still :) I skipped December but will plan a January one soon. Good luck on your new blog, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kerry! I've got a couple dance chapter books on my radar and I'll definitely shoot them your way as soon as I get them written/posted. And I'll keep my eyes open for the January roundup!

      Happy new year!
      -Amy

      Delete
  2. I hope you will periodically update this blog with new favorites. It has been a great resource in finding new books for my preschooler and baby. We always need new books in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't promise I'll post anything soon (ah, grad school), but I will do my best. I'm so glad my blog has been useful to you and your family!

      Delete